Ralf Rangnick has confirmed that Hannibal Mejbri has gained promotion to the first team at Manchester United.
The exciting 19 year old has caught the eye with his dazzlingly performances while on international duty with the Tunisian national team, as he took part in both the Arab Cup and Africa Cup of Nations.
Mejbri has hardly had time to show Rangnick what he can do at Carrington, but the 63 year old appears confident the teenager is ready to step up to the big stage.
Speaking ahead of Man United’s FA Cup clash with Middlesbrough this Friday, the German said he will become a regular member of the first team from now.
“We have Hannibal included in the squad,” said Rangnick.
“He will, from now on, regularly train with us and be a regular member of the squad. He will also be part of the squad for tomorrow’s cup game.”
Asked if the youngster had impressed in training, Rangnick continued: “To be honest, I haven’t seen that much of him as he was with the national team.
“I saw him play in the tournament, not the Africa Cup of Nations but the one before [the Arab Cup].
“I saw him play in the final and, from what I’ve seen so far, I think he’s a promising talent.
“He deserves to be part of the group for the rest of the season and also part of the group for tomorrow’s game.”
United will be without the likes of Jesse Lingard and Edinson Cavani for the game this weekend, as both players have been given some time off.