Two players suspected of leaking information have left Man Utd – Man Utd CEO Richard Arnold reveals

Richard Arnold
Photo: Getty images

Manchester United CEO Richard Arnold has revealed that the two figures suspected of leaking information from the Manchester United dressing room have now left the club.

Arnold made the revelation during a meeting with aggrieved Manchester United supporters on Saturday.

A group of Manchester United fans had travelled to the area Arnold lives with the aim of holding a protest outside his home against the controversial ownership of the Glazers.

However, when Richard Arnold discovered that the fans had gathered in a pub before setting out, he met them there instead to hold talks with them.

Arnold’s meeting with Manchester United fans was secretly filmed and posted on social media platform Twitter.

During the meeting, Manchester United fans aired their frustration at Manchester United’s terrible season which saw the Red Devils finish with 58 points last season, our lowest points total in Premier League history.

Manchester United CEO Richard Arnold even admitted last season was a “f***ing nightmare”.

One notable downside and source of frustration for United last season was the volume of information from the club that was leaked to media sources.

There were regular reports of dressing room disquiet and discontent, which could only have come from those with the highest access to the club.

Addressing the issue of leaks to the media, Richard Arnold is said to have told fans in the lengthy discussion that “the two sources of the leaks have now left the club.”

The identity or role of the individuals involved was not clarified but the comments suggest that the club were confident they knew those responsible.

Six players have left Old Trafford so far, with Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Edinson Cavani, Nemanja Matic, Juan Mata and Lee Grant exiting on free transfers.

Many suspect the two players that Arnold referred to are Pogba and Lingard.

Richard Arnold also addressed the club’s pursuit of Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong, with one unidentified fan at the pub stating that Arnold told them: “He said Murtough is working from 6 in the morning til 10 at night trying to get the De Jong deal done. There’s £200m for transfers. He wouldn’t let any other targets slip.

“He was honest with us and that helped defuse the situation. There were around 20 of us in there and telling him exactly what we thought but by the end of it, we’d piped down.”

Be the first to comment on "Two players suspected of leaking information have left Man Utd – Man Utd CEO Richard Arnold reveals"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*