Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo has posted on social media for the first time since telling the club he wants to leave.
It was believed Cristiano Ronaldo will remain at Manchester United next season despite the lack of Champions League football after the 37-year-old spoke of his excitement of working alongside new boss Erik ten Hag.
However, earlier this month, the Portugal captain told Manchester United that he intends to leave the club this summer.
Ronaldo has been quiet on social media since asking to leave the club this summer but that changed on Thursday as he took to both Twitter and Instagram to post a photograph of him working out in a gym. It was accompanied by the caption: ‘HARD WORK,’ with a muscle emoji.
Despite Ronaldo insisting he wants to leave Manchester United this summer, Erik ten Hag insists he is planning for next season with Ronaldo in mind.
“No, we are planning for Cristiano Ronaldo for the season and that’s it and I’m looking forward to working with him,” Ten Hag said.
“I have read but what I say is Cristiano is not for sale, he is in our plans and we want success together.
“I spoke with him before this issue came up, I had a conversation with him and I had a good talk. That is between Cristiano and me, what I can confirm is we had a really good conversation together. What I said before, once again, I had a really good talk together.”